Version: February 2023
This competition is organised by the Fairtrade Max Havelaar Foundation (Switzerland). The game is not linked to Facebook, Instagram or other social networks and is not sponsored, supported or organised by them.
1. By taking part in the competition, the participant accepts these conditions of participation
2. The competition runs from 01.02.2023 to 28.02.2023.
3. Participation in the competition is free of charge and without any obligation to purchase or use a paid service. Any natural person residing in Switzerland or Liechtenstein is entitled to participate. Minors must have the consent of their legal representative to participate. Employees of Fairtrade Max Havelaar and their staff are not eligible to participate in the competition.
4. Each participant may only participate in his/her own name. The right to a prize is not transferable in principle.
5. Participation is via the Internet at www.fairbruary.com. In order to participate in the competition, participants must provide their surname, first name, address, age, a valid e-mail address and/or telephone number, without providing an e-mail address; the e-mail address will not be used for the newsletter. Participants agree that their data may be used by Fairtrade Max Havelaar for marketing purposes and that the Max Havelaar Foundation may send information about the company to the postal or e-mail address provided. Participants may at any time decline in writing to have their customer data used for marketing purposes. Participants consent to the publication of their name, age and place of residence on the internet (Instagram, Facebook, Fairtrade Max Havelaar website) in the event of winning and authorise
The participants expressly agree to the transmission of their personal data to the cooperation partners for the purpose of delivery or realisation of the prize.
Participants may only register and participate once in each competition. Multiple entries will be automatically deleted by the organizer and will not be included in the draw. (It is possible to participate in several competitions at the same time).
6. Fairtrade Max Havelaar reserves the right to exchange the various prizes announced at any time and to replace them with other prizes. In addition, Fairtrade Max Havelaar has the right to interrupt or terminate the competition without prior notice and without having to justify itself.
7. The organiser expressly reserves the right to exclude all participants who do not comply with the conditions of participation, without having to justify itself. In particular, persons who give false information about themselves or who seek to obtain undue advantages by unlawful means, manipulation, etc. will be excluded from the action. In such a case, Fairtrade Max Havelaar reserves the right to withdraw and subsequently demand reimbursement of the winnings.
8. The winners will be drawn after the closing date for entries and notified by the Fairtrade Max Havelaar Foundation (Sc). Correspondence and notification of winnings: No correspondence will be entered into regarding the competitions. Winners will be notified in writing or, if necessary, by telephone. If a winner cannot be contacted due to incomplete or false information, his/her right to the prize will lapse.
9. If delivery/fulfilment of the prize is not possible or not possible under acceptable circumstances, Fairtrade Max Havelaar will, if possible, replace the prize with one of equivalent value. The winner has no claim to a cash payment. If the winner does not turn up, he/she is not entitled to a replacement prize.
10. Photo and video support: Fairtrade Max Havelaar is entitled to make or have made photographs and videos during the awarding and execution of the prize. In addition, Fairtrade Max Havelaar is entitled to use these photos and videos for all further communication measures in connection with this competition with Fairtrade Max Havelaar. This includes the reproduction and display of the content on the website and the respective social networks. By taking part, participants agree that the rights to the photos/videos produced are transferred to Fairtrade Max Havelaar free of charge and without restriction.
11. (Accompanying persons: The winner acknowledges and accepts that Fairtrade Max Havelaar will provide various persons to accompany the production at any time, in order to ensure the smooth running of the competition and the execution of the desired photo and video material. This includes representatives of Fairtrade Max Havelaar, the agencies involved and other persons (photographer, videographer).
12. Private costs and expenses: The costs of travel to and from the place of performance (e.g. airport, railway station, event location, etc.) as well as all subsequent costs are to be borne by the winner. In addition, he/she shall bear all private expenses (e.g. meals, accommodation, telephone, insurance, etc.) that may arise during the journey.
13. Taxes and duties: All taxes and duties in connection with winning a prize shall be borne entirely by the winner.
14. Accident insurance of the participant: Accident insurance is the responsibility of the participants. Fairtrade Max Havelaar accepts no liability.
15. Max Havelaar assumes no responsibility for any damage suffered by a participant as a result of accepting or using the winning event.
16. Legal recourse as well as cash payment or exchange is excluded.
17. Applicable law: The conditions of participation and the competition are governed exclusively by Swiss substantive law.
18. (Severability clause: Should individual provisions of these terms and conditions of participation be or become invalid, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions.)
19. (Amendment of the conditions of participation: these conditions of participation may be amended at any time by the organizer without special notification).